|Homepage(2) Holiday pictures Paris||[deutsch] [français]|
The small, quadratic "Place of the Vosges" in the Marais district was constructed 1605-1612 and restaurated very nicely in the years 1987-1989. Originally it was named "Place royale", but it was renamed 1800, after the Département "Vosges" was the first to pay taxes to the new regime of the republic. In the pavillons of the place several artists had resided, under them Victor Hugo, one of the preferred national saints of the french.
|Homepage(2) Holiday pictures Paris||by Michael Becker, 5/2002. Last modification: 5/2002.|